Careers with Centra
When you work for Centra, you aren’t just working for a great financial institution. You’re working for the benefit of all of our members. As a Centra employee, you have the opportunity to be part of an awesome team and to make a difference in somebody’s life!
Who We’re Looking For
You might be a good fit for our culture if you are:
- Friendly and helpful
- Service oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, passionate and accountable
Centra offers competitive compensation and benefits. When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a professional environment with a family-focused culture, commitment to work-life balance, and opportunities to develop.
|Benefits for Full-Time Employees||Benefits for Full-Time and Part-Time Employees|
|Comprehensive Medical/Prescription (3 plans)||Paid Holidays (9 full & 2 half)|
|Comprehensive Dental||Paid Vacation|
|Vision||401-K (with company matching)|
|Paid Personal Time||Incentives|
|Paid Bereavement||Internal Promotions|
|Employer Paid Life Insurance & ADD||Recruiting Referral Bonus|
|Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability||Compassion Care|
|Flex Spending||Paid Parental Time Off|
|Employee Assistance Program||Paid Elder Care Time Off|
|Tuition Reimbursement||Civic Service – Time Off|
|Professional Image Loans|
|Reward & Recognition Program|
Individuals often begin their career with Centra as a Member Service Associate; this is because our Member Service positions comprise the majority of positions within the organization. The MSA is a member-facing position committed to providing exceptional service and product education/referrals to our members at each transaction or interaction. In the industry, similar positions are most often called Tellers. The successful candidate for a MSA position must have a high school diploma or GED, cash handling experience, and a strong commitment to exceptional member service (typically gained through customer service experience, which is preferred but not required.)
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Scottsburg Wal-Mart
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Shelbyville
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Jeffersonville
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Columbus
Member Service Associate (Full-Time) – Madison
Member Service Associate (Full-Time) – Float in Columbus and Surrounding Areas
Sr. Member Service Associate (Full-Time) – Columbus
Contact Center Service Agent (Part-Time) – Columbus – The Contact Center Service Agent is responsible for positive member experience delivery through sales and service performance via phone and electronic delivery channels. Responsible for meeting and servicing the financial needs of all members through excellent service and promoting Credit Union products based upon member needs.
Mortgage Specialist (Underwriter) (Part-Time or Full-Time) – The Mortgage Specialist (Underwriter) is responsible for underwriting mortgage loans in compliance with the secondary market guidelines as well as Centra Credit Union loan policies. Responsible for recommendations and approvals to be within compliance of policies and regulations. Promotes the credit union in the business community. Assists members with questions regarding Centra Credit Union products, services, or problems. Looks for opportunities to pre-approve other loan products to offer the member(s). The loan officer exercises discretion and independent judgment in their decision making. The Mortgage Specialist requirements include:
- Minimum of two years of mortgage underwriting experience and associates degree or minimum of 4 years underwriting experience and high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have or achieve NMLS registration
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong analytical, organization, computer and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Business or Accounting Associate’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills specifically.
- A proven history of providing exceptional customer service.
- Excellent communication skills to include written and electronic.
- Serving as primary contact with members for all service and sales requests and inquiries.
- Opening and maintenance of all deposit, loan, and electronic products and services.
- Proactively generate loan production through the identification, solicitation, application taking, and closing duties associated with all types of consumer loan products.
- Achieving assigned goals including new checking account production, consumer loan production, member sales and service delivery, and other product and service cross-sell and referrals
- Balancing cash drawers to receipt and disbursing transactions received each day.
Branch Manager – Scottsburg, IN – The Branch Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing the effective management of the branch office. Responsible for branch management which includes fulfillment of supervisory and staff development duties; ensuring positive member experience standards through sales and service delivery; delivering loans, savings and net income growth within budgetary requirements; and maintaining branch in safe and sound manner in compliance with policies and procedures. We are seeking an individual with a history of demonstrated sales leadership preferably in the financial services market and excellent management/leadership skills.
Analytical Support Specialist – Columbus, IN – The Analytical Support Specialist is responsible for the analytics and tracking of the marketing budget, invoice payment, vendor management, promotions, special events, and direct mailings. This position also coordinates materials fulfillment to branch locations. This position requires strong Excel skills and attention to detail is a must. Microsoft Access skills are helpful. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week) with flexible hours. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and track marketing expenditures per specific region, and present monthly reporting for centralized marketing department budget.
- Review, submit and track payment of Credit Union marketing invoices.
- Coordinate tracking of marketing promotions and campaigns.
- Maintain accurate records of vendors used. Work with vendors to obtain quotes for various products and services used by the marketing department.
- Coordinate direct mailings and other member communications programs with line of business partners. Review mailing lists for accuracy.
- Coordinate fulfillment of marketing materials to branches and lines of business.
- Maintain archived records of newsletter, advertising, and new and PR coverage of Centra.
- Coordinate and execute contests, prizes, awards, giveaways as directed, including sales initiatives and other regular rewards to members.
- Maintain inventory and monitor all stock promotional items. Order new items as needed. Through our selected vendors, maintain and monitor websites for promotional items and logo clothing items for employees.
- Coordinate and execute Centra events such as the annual meeting, grand openings, community events, radio remotes, Easter Egg Hunt, and other events as needed. Coordinate communication about events with marketing staff.
- One to three years of related experience and or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Spreadsheet Skills/Microsoft Excel
- Budgeting Skills
- Event Planning Skills
- Organization Skills
Interested Applicants are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements, to HR@Centra.org.
Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.