Careers with Centra
When you work for Centra, you aren’t just working for a great financial institution. You’re working for the benefit of all of our members. As a Centra employee, you have the opportunity to be part of an awesome team and to make a difference in somebody’s life!
Who We’re Looking For
You might be a good fit for our culture if you are:
- Friendly and helpful
- Service oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, passionate and accountable
Centra offers competitive compensation and benefits. When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a professional environment with a family-focused culture, commitment to work-life balance, and opportunities to develop.
|Benefits for Full-Time Employees||Benefits for Full-Time and Part-Time Employees|
|Comprehensive Medical/Prescription (3 plans)||Paid Holidays (9 full & 2 half)|
|Comprehensive Dental||Paid Vacation|
|Vision||401-K (with company matching)|
|Paid Personal Time||Incentives|
|Paid Bereavement||Internal Promotions|
|Employer Paid Life Insurance & ADD||Recruiting Referral Bonus|
|Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability||Compassion Care|
|Flex Spending||Paid Parental Time Off|
|Employee Assistance Program||Paid Elder Care Time Off|
|Tuition Reimbursement||Civic Service – Time Off|
|Professional Image Loans|
|Reward & Recognition Program|
Individuals often begin their career with Centra as a Member Service Associate; this is because our Member Service positions comprise the majority of positions within the organization. The MSA is a member-facing position committed to providing exceptional service and product education/referrals to our members at each transaction or interaction. In the industry, similar positions are most often called Tellers. The successful candidate for a MSA position must have a high school diploma or GED, cash handling experience, and a strong commitment to exceptional member service (typically gained through customer service experience, which is preferred but not required.)
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Clarksville Wal-Mart
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Scottsburg Wal-Mart
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Shelbyville
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Jeffersonville
Member Service Associate (Full-Time) – Columbus
Mortgage Specialist (Underwriter) (Full-Time) – The Mortgage Specialist (Underwriter) is responsible for underwriting mortgage loans in compliance with the secondary market guidelines as well as Centra Credit Union loan policies. Responsible for recommendations and approvals to be within compliance of policies and regulations. Promotes the credit union in the business community. Assists members with questions regarding Centra Credit Union products, services, or problems. Looks for opportunities to pre-approve other loan products to offer the member(s). The loan officer exercises discretion and independent judgment in their decision making. The Mortgage Specialist requirements include:
- Minimum of two years of mortgage underwriting experience and associates degree or minimum of 4 years underwriting experience and high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have or achieve NMLS registration
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong analytical, organization, computer and communication skills
Transactional Processing Associate (Part-Time) – This position is responsible for Accounting functions will include general accounting, research, data entry, answering general account inquiries, and processing check, ACH, wire, mobile and check capture and courtesy pay. Requirements the optimal candidate will possess include
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Business or Accounting Associate’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills specifically.
- A proven history of providing exceptional customer service.
- Excellent communication skills to include written and electronic.
- Enthusiastically promotes member awareness of loan products and financial services available to fit their financial needs.
- Performs account openings, closings, and maintenance functions for all types of products and services.
- Responds and assists members with inquiries.
- Assists members with loans and other financial opportunities.
- Provides exceptional member service
Interested Applicants are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements, to HR@Centra.org.
Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.