Careers with Centra
When you work for Centra, you aren’t just working for a great financial institution. You’re working for the benefit of all of our members. As a Centra employee, you have the opportunity to be part of an awesome team and to make a difference in somebody’s life!
Who We’re Looking For
You might be a good fit for our culture if you are:
- Friendly and helpful
- Service oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, passionate and accountable
Centra offers competitive compensation and benefits. When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a professional environment with a family-focused culture, commitment to work-life balance, and opportunities to develop.
|Benefits for Full-Time Employees||Benefits for Full-Time and Part-Time Employees|
|Comprehensive Medical/Prescription (3 plans)||Paid Holidays (9 full & 2 half)|
|Comprehensive Dental||Paid Vacation|
|Vision||401-K (with company matching)|
|Paid Personal Time||Incentives|
|Paid Bereavement||Internal Promotions|
|Employer Paid Life Insurance & ADD||Recruiting Referral Bonus|
|Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability||Compassion Care|
|Flex Spending||Paid Parental Time Off|
|Employee Assistance Program||Paid Elder Care Time Off|
|Tuition Reimbursement||Civic Service – Time Off|
|Professional Image Loans|
|Reward & Recognition Program|
Individuals often begin their career with Centra as a Member Service Associate; this is because our Member Service positions comprise the majority of positions within the organization. The MSA is a member-facing position committed to providing exceptional service and product education/referrals to our members at each transaction or interaction. In the industry, similar positions are most often called Tellers. The successful candidate for a MSA position must have a high school diploma or GED, cash handling experience, and a strong commitment to exceptional member service (typically gained through customer service experience, which is preferred but not required.)
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Indianapolis (Shadeland Ave)
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – North Vernon
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Edinburgh
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Greensburg
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Columbus
Member Service Associate (Part-Time) – Carmel
Compliance Officer – Columbus – This NEW position is part of a growing organization and Risk Management Department. The Compliance Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Credit Union’s Compliance Management Program. This position plans, organizes, and controls the Credit Union’s day-to-day administrative, lending and operational compliance activities; collaborates with the Chief Risk Officer and senior management in the overall administration of these directives for the Credit Union. Participates in various committees, audits and examinations. Performs duties as the Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC Officer, Community Reinvestment Act Officer, and Privacy Officer. Conducts staff training related to new hires, compliance, customer service, mainframe and software computer programs. Advises the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Credit Union staff of emerging compliance issues and consults and guides the Credit Union in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks. Requirements of the position include:
Concierge (Part-Time) – Columbus – This exciting role serves as the initial contact in the branch for both existing and prospective members. Responsible for successfully guiding members to the appropriate delivery channels; providing members with product and service information; responding to member questions; developing long-term member relationships. Requires excellent member service and interpersonal communication skills.
Contact Center Service Agent (Part-Time) – Columbus – The Contact Center Service Agent is responsible for positive member experience delivery through sales and service performance via phone and electronic delivery channels. Responsible for meeting and servicing the financial needs of all members through excellent service and promoting Credit Union products based upon member needs.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Full-Time) – The Mortgage Loan Processor interviews and counsels members regarding their residential mortgage loan application and also consumer products. These applications are generated from Branch Lenders, Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) and the web. This position is responsible for being the secondary contact person to assist the MLO’s & Branch Lenders with mortgage applications and or questions. Acts as the secondary contact for the member throughout the process of their application, from the time it is entered to the system until they go to the closing table. They will look for opportunities to offer other credit union products and services. Responsible for ordering, tracking and the coordination of all necessary materials from both the member and third party vendors. Responsible for the tracking, monitoring and verifying all file documentation to ensure each mortgage loan file is complete, accurate and compliant. Maintains ongoing relationship with area realtors. The Mortgage Specialist requirements include a High School Diploma or GED; 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Member Development Representative – Jeffersonville, IN (Full-Time) – The responsibilities of this position include positive member experience through service and sales performance, obtaining new and expanding existing member relationships through targeted outbound calling and other business generating activities as assigned. Responsible for managing activities to obtain monthly goals primarily focused around loan generation, new member development, checking and online banking growth. Practice proper issue resolution from basic to complex, employing active problem solving and account analysis to provide solutions based on member needs.
Marketing / Analytical Support Specialist – Columbus, IN – The Analytical Support Specialist is responsible for the analytics and tracking of the marketing budget, invoice payment, vendor management, promotions, special events, and direct mailings. This position also coordinates materials fulfillment to branch locations. This position requires strong Excel skills and attention to detail is a must. Microsoft Access skills are helpful. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week) with flexible hours. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and track marketing expenditures per specific region, and present monthly reporting for centralized marketing department budget.
- Review, submit and track payment of Credit Union marketing invoices.
- Coordinate tracking of marketing promotions and campaigns.
- Maintain accurate records of vendors used. Work with vendors to obtain quotes for various products and services used by the marketing department.
- Coordinate direct mailings and other member communications programs with line of business partners. Review mailing lists for accuracy.
- Coordinate fulfillment of marketing materials to branches and lines of business.
- Maintain archived records of newsletter, advertising, and new and PR coverage of Centra.
- Coordinate and execute contests, prizes, awards, giveaways as directed, including sales initiatives and other regular rewards to members.
- Maintain inventory and monitor all stock promotional items. Order new items as needed. Through our selected vendors, maintain and monitor websites for promotional items and logo clothing items for employees.
- Coordinate and execute Centra events such as the annual meeting, grand openings, community events, radio remotes, Easter Egg Hunt, and other events as needed. Coordinate communication about events with marketing staff.
- One to three years of related experience and or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Spreadsheet Skills/Microsoft Excel
- Budgeting Skills
- Event Planning Skills
- Organization Skills
Systems Administrator – Columbus, IN – This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional individual with proven IT Systems Administration skills to join our team as a Systems Administrator in one of our Columbus, Indiana offices. The primary responsibilities for this new position include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall systems administration including application implementations and support of both hardware and software.
- Provides project management support for activities surrounding software applications and hardware projects including, but not limited to analysis, deployment, acquisition, installation, testing, and training. Ensures assigned projects are completed with quality and in a timely manner.
- Provide upper level support (Tier II/III+) for systems, applications and hardware issues.
- Proactively monitors systems and equipment for errors and failures. Professionally works with coworkers and third party vendors to keep applications and systems running efficiently.
- Plans for and Participates in application upgrades including hardware and software and releases and migrations.
- Coordinates and as required sets up and deploys systems (hardware and software) ensuring quality and efficiency.
- Ensures workstations are updated with patches and antivirus definitions.
- Develop and maintain technical procedures and documentation. Has ownership of systems and software technical and procedural documentation.
- Effectively manages service tickets to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Works effectively with other IT staff to ensure tickets are all being worked.
- Bachelor’s degree; Three to five years computer related experience and/or training; Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS operating systems, tablets, printers, Data Safe Software, ACCESS, Crystal Reports, SQL, Adobe, Crystal Reports and Liquid Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Working will with IT customers or varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Networking knowledge
Interested Applicants are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements, to HR@Centra.org.
Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.