Make a loan payment from another financial institution.
2022 Scholarship Applications available
January 1 – February 28, 2022
The Centra Foundation places a high value on education and the importance of individuals pursuing higher education opportunities. That’s why we offer scholarships for graduating high school seniors and adult students over the age of 22 who plan to attend a two- or four- year college, university, or technical/trade school.
The Centra Foundation would like to recognize Shirley Shea for her support of the Loretta M. Burd Adult Scholarship Program. We are very grateful for her continued support and are excited to have such a great community partner!
Loretta M. Burd High School Scholarship – 24 available
Every year, the Centra Foundation will award one scholarship per Centra location to graduating high school seniors. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria; academic achievements, school and community involvement and a written essay related to financial literacy.
Loretta M. Burd Adult Scholarship – 3 available
Applicants must be pursuing a graduate degree, undergraduate degree, or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school during the 2021 academic year.
Who's eligible for a Scholarship?
- Applicants receiving other scholarships are still eligible to win a Loretta M. Burd Scholarship award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a graduate degree, undergraduate degree, or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school during the 2021 academic year.
- Students must be enrolled in a part or full-time course of study for the Fall 2021 semester or be enrolled prior to summer (June 2021) disbursement.
- Applicant or the applicant’s parent or legal guardian must be a Centra Member with an account in good standing. Learn how you can become a Centra Member.
- Completed applications and essays must be submitted electronically before 11:59 pm on February 28, 2021.
- High School Guidance Counselor form must be submitted electronically before 11:59 pm on February 28, 2021. Guidance Counselor Form
- High School Scholarship applicants must be a graduating High School Senior.
Adult Scholarship applicants must be at least 22 years of age.
- Centra Credit Union Team Members, current Centra Credit Union Board and Supervisory Committee members, and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How will scholarships be disbursed?
- The Loretta M. Burd Scholarship awards are for tuition, books, and/or other fees and will be paid directly to the two or four year college, university, or technical school in which each winner is enrolled for the 2021 school year.
- All Centra Scholarship awards will be made in one disbursement and will be remitted to the Bursar’s or Financial Aid Office.
- Each Centra Scholarship winner must submit proof of enrollment from his or her college, university, or technical school prior to disbursement.