The Centra Foundation places a high value on education and the importance of individuals pursuing higher education opportunities. That’s why we offer scholarships for graduating high school seniors and non-traditional students who plan to attend a two or four year college, university, or technical school.
Loretta M. Burd High School Scholarship – 25 available
Every year, the Centra Foundation will award one scholarship per Centra location to graduating high school seniors. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria; academic achievements, school and community involvement and a written essay related to financial literacy.
Loretta M. Burd Adult Scholarship – 2 available
The Adult Scholarship is designed for adults over the age of 22 who have realized the importance of post-secondary education for their career and family.
Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school during the 2020 academic year.
All recipients will be notified in April 2020.
- Applicants receiving other scholarships are still eligible to win a Loretta M. Burd Scholarship award.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school during the 2020 academic year.
- Students must be enrolled in a part or full-time course of study for the Fall 2020 semester or be enrolled prior to summer (June 2020) disbursement.
- Applicant or the applicant’s parent or legal guardian must be a Centra Member with an account in good standing. Learn how you can become a Centra Member.
- Completed applications and essays must be submitted electronically before 11:59 am on February 29, 2020.
- High School Guidance Counselor form must be submitted electronically before 11:59 am on February 29, 2020. Guidance Counselor Form
- High School Scholarship applicants must be a graduating High School Senior.
Adult Scholarship applicants must be at least 22 years of age.
- Centra Credit Union Team Members, current Centra Credit Union Board and Supervisory Committee members, and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The Loretta M. Burd Scholarship awards are for tuition, books, and/or other fees and will be paid directly to the two or four year college, university, or technical school in which each winner is enrolled for the 2020 school year.
- All Centra Scholarship awards will be made in one disbursement and will be remitted to the Bursar’s or Financial Aid Office.
- Each Centra Scholarship winner must submit proof of enrollment from his or her college, university, or technical school prior to disbursement.
Email or call Jenni Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-0220.