The Centra Foundation places a high value on education and the importance of individuals pursuing higher education opportunities. That’s why we offer scholarships for graduating high school seniors and non-traditional students who plan to attend a two or four year college, university, or technical school.
Loretta M. Burd High School Scholarship – 24 available
Every year, the Centra Foundation will award one scholarship per Centra location to graduating high school seniors. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria; academic achievements, school and community involvement and a written essay related to financial literacy.
Loretta M. Burd Adult Scholarship – 2 available
The Adult Scholarship is designed for adults over the age of 22 who have realized the importance of post-secondary education for their career and family.
- Applicants receiving other scholarships are still eligible to win a Loretta M. Burd Scholarship award.
- Applicants must be pursing an undergraduate degree or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school during the 2019 academic year.
- Students must be enrolled in a part or full-time course of study for the Fall 2019 semester or be enrolled prior to summer (June 2019) disbursement.
- Applicant or the applicant’s parent or legal guardian must be a Centra Member with an account in good standing. Learn how you can become a Centra Member.
- Completed applications and essays must be submitted electronically through the Centra website before midnight on February 28, 2019.
- High School Guidance Counselor form must be submitted electronically through the Centra website before midnight on February 28, 2019.
- High School Scholarship applicants must be a graduating High School Senior.
- Adult Scholarship applicants must be at least 22 years of age.
- Centra Foundation and Centra Credit Union employees, Scholarship Committee officials and immediate family members are not eligible to receive scholarship awards.
- The Loretta M. Burd Scholarship awards are for tuition, books, and/or other fees and will be paid directly to the two or four year college, university, or technical school in which each winner is enrolled for the 2019 school year.
- All Centra Scholarship awards will be made in one disbursement and will be remitted to the Bursar’s or Financial Aid Office.
- Each Centra Scholarship winner must submit proof of enrollment from his or her college, university, or technical school prior to disbursement.