The Centra Foundation places a high value on education and the importance of individuals pursuing higher education opportunities. That’s why we offer scholarships for graduating high school seniors and non-traditional students who plan to attend a two or four year college, university, or technical school.
Loretta M. Burd High School Scholarship
Every year, the Centra Foundation will award scholarships to graduating high school seniors. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria; academic achievements, school and community involvement and a written essay related to financial literacy.
Loretta M. Burd Adult Scholarship
The Adult Scholarship is designed for adults over the age of 22 who have realized the importance of post-secondary education for their career and family.
We offer one $2,500 High School Scholarship per Centra location, and two $2,500 adult scholarships, for a total of twenty three High School, and two adult scholarships.
- Applicants receiving other scholarships are still eligible to win a Loretta M. Burd Scholarship award.
- Applicants must be pursing an undergraduate degree or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Students must be enrolled in a part or full-time course of study for the Fall 2018 semester or be enrolled prior to summer (June 2018) disbursement.
- Must be a Centra Member with an account in good standing. Learn how you can become a Centra Member.
- Completed applications and essays must be submitted electronically through the Centra Foundation website before midnight on February 28, 2018.
- High School Guidance Counselor form must be submitted electronically through the Centra Foundation website before midnight on February 28, 2018.
- High School Scholarship applicants must be a graduating High School Senior.
- Adult Scholarship applicants must be at least 22 years of age.
- Centra Foundation and Centra Credit Union employees, Scholarship Committee officials and immediate family members are not eligible to receive scholarship awards.
- The Loretta M. Burd Scholarship awards are for tuition, books, and/or other fees and will be paid directly to the two or four year college, university, or technical school in which each winner is enrolled for the 2018-2019 school year.
- All Centra Scholarship awards will be made in one disbursement and will be remitted to the Bursar’s or Financial Aid Office.
- Each Centra Scholarship winner must submit proof of enrollment from his or her college, university, or technical school prior to disbursement.