New EMV debit cards are here!
Many members recently received a new Centra debit card with an embedded EMV microchip for enhanced card security. Here are a few points to remember with your new EMV debit card:
- Your new EMV debit card has a different card number, security code and expiration date than your existing debit card.
- Be sure to activate the new EMV card by calling the number on your card sticker. Call from the phone number associated with your Centra account.
- Set your Personal Identification Number (PIN) while you are on the phone activating your account. Your new card will not work for a debit or ATM transaction unless you set a new PIN.
- Once you get your new card activated and your PIN set, remember to update any automated payments you already had set up using your old debit card number.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, call our Contact Center at 800-232-3642, and we’ll be happy to help you get your card set up and ready to use.
Centra is upgrading to EMV card technology.
You may have heard about EMV or chip-enhanced cards in the news, or received a letter about it from us. These cards are an emerging technology meant to better protect our members. You will start to see EMV payment terminals at more and more stores and restaurants in the coming months. The reason behind the change in your card is simple. Magnetic stripe cards do not provide cardholders with the same level of security as EMV cards.
When you receive your new Centra Visa Platinum credit card or Centra MasterCard debit card, please activate this card right away by calling the number on the sticker on your card.
EMV FAQ, click here.
While technology is constantly changing, what WILL NOT change is our commitment to you. You continue to have zero liability for fraud on your credit or debit card. You can continue to call us to report fraud, and we will handle the dispute quickly to minimize the inconvenience to you.
Still have questions? Visit our Contact Us page to send us a message or call us at 800-232-3642.