The holidays can become expensive very quickly if you don’t find ways to cut costs and save. Take our advice on five ways to get the best deals while Christmas shopping and save without skimping.
- Watch for sales. This seems obvious, but if you leave all your Christmas shopping until last minute, you might miss the sales. If you start now, you can catch some great deals. Don’t buy items the minute you find them (unless you really think they’ll be all gone, quick!), wait until they go on sale!
- Use money-saving sites. If you haven’t used sits like ibotta and ebates, now is the time. You can earn money just for shopping! Who wouldn’t love that?
- Get creative. Think outside the box for Christmas gifts and where to find them. You may be surprised what you can find at places like Sam’s Club and even the dollar tree! The Target dollar isle is perfect for inexpensive wrapping items too.
- Get crafty. It truly is the thought that counts, so think about how you might be able to use your talents to cut costs on Christmas gifts. Perhaps you’re a great wreath maker, or you’re good at cooking and can throw together some “just add water” gifts. Sometimes these unique, homemade gifts are the best!
- Put some thought in to it. The worst thing you can do is buy someone something they’re going to re-gift or even throw away. What a waste of money. Make sure that whatever you’re buying is something the person you’re giving the gift to will actually like. If you aren’t sure, just ask, or go with something personal.
For account questions and more, call our Contact Center at 1-800-232-3642. We’re Centered Around You!