For the month of May, we’re celebrating wellness. What do we mean by wellness? Your well-being! Your state of well-being affects your daily life. Outside of regular routines, it’s important to set aside time to focus on you and your health. Centra encourages our Team Members to maintain a healthy work-life balance to support a positive well-being.
Your well-being is more than just your physical and mental health. According to the CDC, your well-being also includes a number of other factors such as:
- Economic well-being, which can mean having financial security.
- Social well-being, which means having sustainable healthy relationships.
- Development and activity, which means staying physically active.
- Life satisfaction, which refers to your overall satisfaction with your relationships, goals and aspirations, and self-assurance.
It’s important to focus on self-care. Practicing good habits to increase your well-being can vary depending on your personal needs. Here are some ways you can practice self-care:
- Financial education. Focusing on your financial stability can help improve morale. With tools like Zogo, you can gain knowledge about ways to manage your money and stress less.
- Socialize with others. Building and maintaining relationships can improve the way you view yourself, improving your wellbeing. It’s important to make time to connect with others, even if it’s a video call.
- Exercise. Staying active is important for your wellbeing. That doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the gym, though. Simply getting up and stretching, doing some cleaning, or going for a walk is beneficial.
- Explore new hobbies. Do you feel fulfilled? Taking on new skills or hobbies like trying out new recipes, training for a 5K, or taking up reading can improve your overall life satisfaction.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, it can feel difficult to focus on your well-being. Sometimes you need to pause and take a step away from everything. Meditation and guided breathing can give you insight into how you’re feeling. Popular apps like Calm or Headspace can help you focus on lowering your stress levels and anxiety.
There are many helpful resources about improving your well-being. Whether you’re just curious or looking to build healthy relationships, here’s some helpful resources: