Make a loan payment from another financial institution.
How to Weather a Bear Market
When the market dips, what do you do? How do you react? Without a plan, reacting based on your instincts could hurt your long-term financial goals. Learn steps you can take now to prepare to weather the next bear market.
January 5th at 7:00 PM EDT
Attend a valuable virtual seminar, “How to Weather a Bear Market.” You’ll learn the answers to questions, including:
- What is a bear market?
- How does behavioral finance affect decision-making?
- How do overreaction and bad decisions compromise long-term financial goals?
- How do I weather a bear market?
Social Security and Your Retirement
Regardless of when you plan to retire, Social Security will likely be an important part of the road ahead. But do you know the rules of the road when it comes to Social Security? Determining when to begin benefits could be one of the biggest financial decisions you face, and there are key issues to consider. Here’s an opportunity to attend a valuable educational virtual seminar on this important topic, at no cost and no obligation:
January 18th at 7:00 PM EDT
During the virtual seminar, you’ll find out more about your Social Security benefits and discuss the role they play when setting a clear direction for your financial future. You’ll learn the answers to your Social Security questions, including:
- What are the rules for starting your Social Security benefits?
- How do spouses coordinate their benefits?
- Are there different routes to take that could potentially increase your benefits?
- How do you decide where Social Security fits within your retirement plans?
Planning for retirement is never easy and maneuvering through Medicare rules and regulations is one more step in an already confusing process. Join us for a no-cost, no-obligation virtual seminar that can help answer your questions:
January 25th at 6:30 PM EDT
During the virtual seminar, you’ll find out more about the basics of Medicare and how financial education can help you in retirement income planning. You’ll learn the answers to your Medicare questions and discuss:
- Medicare basics and the differences between Parts A, B, C and D
- Tips for choosing your coverage and enrolling in Medicare
- How to consider health care costs when planning your retirement income
Income For Life
You have retirement goals and plans for your future. Without a regular paycheck to count on, achieving a steady stream of retirement income will be an important part of the road ahead. Will Social Security be enough? What about your 401(k)?
February 9th at 7:00 PM EDT
Join us for a virtual session that can help you set your financial direction and answer more of your questions:
- What sources of retirement income will you rely on?
- What retirement risks do you face now that you’re drawing on their savings?
- Which income strategies should you consider?
- How can you use annuities to guarantee income for life?
Women and Investing
There’s no denying the facts: Women tend to earn less and live longer than men. If you’re a woman who would like to retire one day, you may need to save more and invest more than men.
February 22nd at 6:30 PM EDT
The virtual seminar will focus on taking control of your future through investing. You’ll also learn about:
- Key investment principles every woman should know
- Important opportunities like asset allocation
- Understanding investor behavior
- Differences between financial products like mutual funds and annuities
Often when people change jobs or prepare for retirement, they need to make decisions on their retirement plans and pensions. In this virtual seminar, you’ll learn some of the rules we need to follow and the options available.
March 8th at 7:00 PM EDT
In this session you will learn the answers to questions, including:
- Pros and Cons to leaving your money in the company plan
- Possible taxes or penalties we may face when moving money
- Options for moving it your new company plan
- Rolling it over to a personal IRA
Three Transitions to Retire
Are you ready to retire? You might be prepared for the financial transition, but you’ll experience lifestyle and emotional transitions as well. We can help you understand these upcoming changes and provide the information you need to better prepare for this exciting season of your life. Working together, we’ll gain clarity and confidence about your path to retirement.
March 22nd at 7:00 PM EDT
During this session, you’ll learn:
- How to confidently address the financial, lifestyle and emotional transitions to retirement
- How to guard against risks and manage those that are inevitable
- Whether you are ready for retirement
This workshop is educational only and is not investment advice. If you need advice regarding your financial goals and investment needs, contact a financial advisor. All guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of the issuer. CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Annuities are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company (CMFG Life) and MEMBERS Life Insurance Company (MEMBERS Life) and distributed by their affiliate, CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, 2000 Heritage Way, Waverly, IA, 50677. CMFG Life and MEMBERS Life are stock insurance companies. MEMBERS® is a registered trademark of CMFG Life. Investment and insurance products are not federally insured, may involve investment risk, may lose value and are not obligations of or guaranteed by any depository or lending institution. All contracts and forms may vary by state, and may not be available in all states or through all broker/dealers. Asset allocation and diversification do not guarantee a profit or prevent a loss. See your prospectus for details about your investment options and refer to the fund prospectus for information on specific investment objectives. Variable annuities are sold by prospectus only. You can obtain a prospectus by contacting your financial advisor or the insurance company. Read it carefully.
Centra Financial Services Professionals are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty States of the United States of America. FR-3166023.1-0720-0822